Diarrhea can shatter your carefully made vacation plans or business trips, at times leaving you bedridden for days. To avoid occasional diarrhea while abroad we recommend these simple tips:
- Wash your hands often, especially before eating.
- Avoid eating from street kiosks.
- Avoid uncooked food and salads.
- Use only bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.
- Take Travelan® as directed on the pack.
Diarrhea is characterized by the fairly abrupt onset of watery, loose or semi-formed stools associated with abdominal cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever. Diarrhea when travelling is often referred to as Montezuma’s Revenge, Delhi Belly, Montezuma’s Revenge or the Tourist Trots!